The Easy-Reef PRO EDITION is the fourth generations of our Easy-Reef systems. Just like all Easy-Reefs, it is fully built in the USA, and uses American materials and no metric measurements or parts. Learn more aboutEasy-Reef Aquarium Systemshere.
This PRO version of the Easy-Reef combines all the ultimate features, namely:
- an extruded aluminum frame that provides the optimal structure for the wood stand (optional - $700 more);
- doors on all 3 sides of stand and electric panel included;
- a reinforced tank with perimeter bottom brace and reinforced vertical seams (and the option to include a reinforced Starboard bottom and a top eurobrace);
- a space-saving external overflow (Modular Marine or Synergy Reef Shadow);
- a state-of-the-art Bashsea Smart sump which can be used both with sock filtration and the refugium-centered Triton method;
- bean animal style plumbing with Spears valves and unions (available in both 1" and 1.5" piping).
• Dimensions: 48"x24"x20" (LxWxH)
• Rimless tank with Starphire glass on the three viewing panels and blacked-out back panel
• Black PVC foam bottom pad makes the tank stand-ready
• External overflow with either 1" or 1.5" drains
• Quality American-made hard plumbing with Spears valves, unions, and Sch. 80 fittings
• (3) 1" or 1.5" drains: main, secondary and emergency
• (1) 1" return that splits into two and narrowed down to (2) 3/4" Loc-line return jets 4" away from the corners of back panel
• 36” tall extruded aluminum stand skinned in maple wood (no MDF used ever)
• Several modern styles to choose from (Cardiff, Solana, Sydney) -- or upgrade to a traditional Malibu or Shaker stand at an extra charge
• Use push-latch mechanisms (default option) or modern stainless steel hardware to open and close doors (you may also send us custom hardware you prefer to use)
• Choose from black satin or white semi-gloss, or a variety of stains, such as Espresso, Brown Mahogany, Bordeaux, Driftwood, and Antique Cherry (color-matched staining available as long as you send in a sample)
Sump / ATO Container
Included is your choice of either the 30"x18"x16" or 36"x15"x16" Bashsea Smart sump. This sump can be used with sock filtration, or with a simple modification, you can convert the first chamber to a refugium which will give you an 11 to 12 gallon refugium volume (consistent with Triton recommendations for a 100 gallon tank). Optional matching ATO container available at additional cost.
Extend your stand so that plumbing goes into a cutout in the deck of the stand: +$120
Extend your stand + get a removable half-box that hides all plumbing from view: +$300
Add frosted plastic panels to the 4 doors: +$320
Add smoked glass panels to the 4 doors: +$400
Contrast white paint on the interior of the stand (all stands except white): +$180
Add acrylic drip tray to the bottom of the stand: +$200
Re-configure your system for a peninsula layout: +$250
Add eurobrace to tank: +$125
Replace painted back panel with smoked glass: +$160
Add custom screen lid for top of tank (please note: screen lids are made by a third party manufacturer and have an extended lead time): +$310
Add return pump (we will hard-plumb it into the system for you): see drop-down menu for choice of pumps
Add skimmer: see drop-down menu for choice of skimmers
Add any of your custom suggestions (alternate hole sizes, different light, pump or skimmer brands you prefer) in the Custom Notes section.
Ways to Save
• Save $110 by going with internal overflow
• Save $700 by going with bare extruded-aluminum stand (stand will have tabs for mounting wood panels if you want to do it as a DIY project)
• Save $200 by having the stand shipped to you with a lightly-sanded, unfinished skin (apply the finish yourself)
• Save $300 by picking up from our Oceanside, CA shop
Crystal Dynamic aquariums are covered by a 1-year limited warranty (2 years if purchased and used with our stand; 5 years if purchased and used with our metal stand). Please refer to our User Manual for the rules and best practices of aquarium handling and maintenance.